Friday, January 24, 2020

Hello Again, from the Excuse Corner, Back with New Plans

New horizons.
KC Trae Becker
After a long hiatus (2 years is far too long) from writing this blog to work on my story writings, I'm finally back. No groaning, please. I've been working on both a picture book and a Young Adult Fantasy series.

The picture book is done, except for the last third of the pictures. I've also made good progress on the YA Fantasy series but have rediscovered that learning how to write with a series is a hard way to figure it all out. I keep restarting because I've learned something new about how to make my story better and need to work it in. Now, I feel like I finally have a solid beginning and decent transition into the middle of my first book. But that still leaves a lot of story left.


Okay, enough excuses thinly disguised as updates.

Many incredible movies have come and gone since I last posted, but I'm not going to go back to review them. They're water under the bridge. Though I'm tempted to go back to post a review on Fantastic Beast Crimes of Grindelwald. I enjoyed that movie more than anyone else I've spoken to about it.

Looking forward I have new subject matter in my research material to draw from.:

Arthurian Legends.

Black Knight on horseback. Courtesy of  Red Dragon Photos
I'll try to limit my references from Merlin, the BBC TV series, even though I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My research in this subject started long before that TV series came out. I first found King Arthur back in 1982 when I was in middle school and read a kids' book from my school library about King Arthur's knights and ladies. I've been a fan of Arthurian Legends ever since.

I was super excited when I discovered a link between Arthurian legends and my fantasy series. And now you can benefit from my joy in researching this.

Please comment or leave questions if you're a King Arthur fan too or would like me to focus on any particular aspect of this vast body of legends.

What's your favorite legend?

Who's your favorite character?

No comments: