Monday, May 22, 2017

About Me

I guess after 3 1/2 years it's about time I post an official About Me page in an effort to make this blog more professional. I haven't posted in a few months due to the extreme stress of teaching a high school level science class amide my numerous other obligations, but that's completed and I can get back down to the business of writing. Yeah! I've previously had my list of interests and skills at the top of the blog. I'm going to change the heading. It was hard to read anyway. So on to About Me...


  • Here's my list of skills and interests: reader, writer, artist, teacher, naturalist, photographer, gardener, science fiction and fantasy geek, life long learner.
  • My favorite place to be is walking in the woods with children exploring the trees, paths, and waterways, meeting our four-legged and feathered neighbors. I love children, animals, and plants.
  • I love to read most things, but my favorites are YA fantasy and children's literature, where I'm most likely to find kids exploring the woods.
  • Large portions of my time are spent teaching: homeschooling my last child, teaching at home school co-ops, coaching soccer and helping at robotics classes, field days and church events.
  • I try to be authentically me wherever I am, having no problem with kids calling me by first name or coach even when I'm teaching art or science. (My married last name is difficult even for most adults. Why would I subject kids to that struggle just to show me respect as an adult?)
  •  I still think of myself as a big kid and offer my life philosophy for comfort to kids who worry about growing up: If we can be responsible when we need to, we can be kids at heart as long as we want to.
I've seen lots of suffering in this world, my own and a multitude of others'. I seek to offer hope, help and encouragement to all people. I try to share inspiration, wisdom and joys I've learned along the way. My family, friends and Christian faith strengthen me to leave the world a better place. I believe respect, tolerance and inclusiveness for all life is the best way to achieve this. If you ever see any of my posts or writing that doesn't follow what I've laid out here, please gently point it out to me. I will attempt to rectify it ASAP.

Thanks,
KC Trae Becker

No comments: